Monday, May 12, 2008

When He Was Good He Was Very, Very Good...

"I come to bury Dimitri, not to praise him"....

WAIT! I do come to praise Dimitri! I'll be the first to admit that I have taken Dimitro Rotov to task for being something of a "bomb thrower" when it comes to his reviews (or first impressions) of new Civil War literature...But I have to say that his recent post on Brent Nosworthy's Roll Call to Destiny and his two-part interview (here and here) with Russell Bonds - author of Stealing the General, were terrific.

For my part, I'm going to try and take some of the points he raised in his review of Roll Call - and his questions to Russell - to heart...I have a hunch that if I keep them in mind and consider how I'd answer them for my own work, I'll be a better writer and researcher.

Kudos to you, Dimitri.

1 comment:

Admin said...

Bless your heart Jim.

p.s. Could you please talk more about your new book?