Friday, July 18, 2008

Just 14 More Days, But Who's Counting?!

Ok, I am! August 1, 2008 is the expected "official" release date for my first book, Lincoln's Labels: America's Best Known Brands and the Civil War (Edinborough Press), so you might expect I'm pretty excited.

The book has already received some advance praise, and copies are in the hands of several reviewers, including popular and respected Civil War bloggers such as Andrew Wagenhoffer, Chris Wehner, and Michael Aubrecht, and I certainly look forward to their impressions.

Soon, my publisher - Dan Hoisington at Edinborough Press - will be conducting a phone interview with me, which he'll then adapt for on of his "The Thistle" podcasts. If you haven't done so already, please visit the Edinborough Press website - you'll see some great Civil War-related interviews and material there, including:


Meanwhile, I am booking speaking engagements in these parts, including Rotary Clubs, Civil War Round Tables, etc. In the spirit of my favorite band as a teenager - REO Speedwagon - I may even have "concert t-shirts" printed up with cities and dates (just kidding!)

I'm also hard at work on some other Civil War writing projects, which I'll detail in another message soon.

No comments: