Monday, January 19, 2009

Civil War Medicine (and Writing) - 101 posts!!!

The purpose of this post is to celebrate 101 posts!

100 posts seems to be a milestone for many bloggers and I reached that yesterday with my post on Civil War era rockets and pyrotechnics. I didn't want to "cheat" by making my 100th post a celebratory post, thus celebrating at 101!

In looking over the posts I've made since I started this blog back in May 2007, I see that nearly half of them are on Civil War medicine, so I'm pretty satisfied that I'm keeping with the mission that I set out on at the beginning.

The blog has been so much easier to update and serve as an archive for my Civil War News "Medical Department" columns than a traditional website, yet still offers the flexibility to "add value" to the re-published columns by hyperlinking to relevant sources.

One thing I do hope to return to is my "School of the Writer" series, offering advice on research, writing, and publishing that I've gained through experience in the past decade.

I will - and unabashedly so - continue to discuss my own writing projects...first to publicize them, but also because I have made some great contacts and obtained some great information from folks who have seen the posts.

I certainly appreciate everyone who takes the time to visit, follow, and/or leave comments...I'm looking forward to celebrating 200 posts...and hopefully more quickly than I got to 100!

Thanks for the support.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Of course I knew you had 100 in you and many more.