Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My First "Front Line" Post for "The Civil War Monitor"

Readers of this blog will recall that about a month ago I posted news (here) about a new Civil War magazine, The Civil War Monitor.

As part of their online presence, the Monitor has a community blog they've named "The Front Line" (here). Terry Johnston, Editor-in-Chief of the Monitor, kindly invited me to join that community so I'll be posting there on subjects near and dear to me and (hopefully!) interesting to you!

My first post (here) is up on the Monitor website today:

"Coal for the Furnaces is as important as Gunpowder for the Guns"




Hopefully the post will get you thinking about the important uses of gunpowder - and supply problems - apart from the obvious uses on the battlefield! Check out the full post (here) and let me know what you think of it!

And while you are there, check out some great posts from the rest of the "Front Line" bloggers: Craig Swain, Andy Hall, Eric Wittenberg, Robert Moore, Harry Smeltzer, Kevin Levin, and Keith Harris.

The Monitor's "Blog and Social Media Editor," Laura June Davis, is doing an amazing job at keeping the site updated and dynamic...You will want to visit the Monitor website (here) every day as there is always new content!

You can also keep up with them on Facebook (here) or Twitter (here).

Enjoy!

No comments: