Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Lincoln's Labels LoneStarPalooza!


"You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas"
- Davy Crockett



If any of you live in or near the Lone Star State, I'm pleased to announce several speaking engagements over the next few weeks here in Texas related to the release of my new book, Lincoln's Labels: America's Best Known Brands and the Civil War:

Oct 8 - Wed - 6:00pm - Dallas Civil War Round Table (CWRT)

Oct 13 - Mon - 6:30 - Baylor University/Waco CWRT

Oct 14 - Tues - 6:00pm - Fort Worth CWRT

If you are a reader of this blog and you attend the one of the events, please introduce yourself!

I'll post some "Round Table Wrap-Ups" when I return.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck on your book tour.

We'll have to get you back to Missouri soon. Perhaps we can arrange a date when St. Louis, and Jefferson Barracks, aren't under several inches of snow.

Jim Schmidt said...

Curtis - Well, old friend, "book tour" is probably an exaggeration, but I am looking forward to telling what I think is really interesting story to some groups that are around here. I had a wonderful time talking about Notre Dame and the Civil War to the St Louis CWRT a few years back....it would be a privilege and pleasure to visit again!

Jim